This article is for how to create and edit invoices. For general information on invoices and invoice settings, see here.
Note: To create and edit invoices you must have a role assigned to you that gives you editing permissions for Patients, and Invoices. For more information on roles, see here.
In this article:
Create an Invoice
You can create an invoice at any time from the Invoices page:
1. Select New in the top left-hand corner.
2. Fill out the details of the invoice:
Header: Select the header template which will display at the top of the invoice
Date: The date the invoice was created
Practitioner: The practitioner who delivered the appointment. This is optional
Billing: Enter the patient, and the person or organisation who will settle the invoice. Depending on the patient you select, some details from the invoice may be automatically filled in
Comments: Add any notes to display on the invoice. You can also add internal notes that will not be displayed to the patient
3. Click Add invoice item to add line items to the invoice.
4. Fill in the details of the line item:
Note: VAT is added to the invoice automatically as you add a line item. The amount of VAT added depends on how you set up the product. For more information, see here.
5. Click the tick icon to confirm the line item.
6. (Optional) Add the other line items for the invoice.
7. Click Save invoice in the top left-hand corner of the page.
You are redirected to the Patients page. The created invoice appears in both the patient records and on the Invoices page.
8. If this is a self-pay invoice, you will see the patient details within the "To:" section:
To view this, you will need to first ensure these have been inserted as billing details in the "Billing section" of the patient record:
Edit an Invoice
To edit an existing invoice:
1. Go to the Invoices page.
2. Click on the invoice you want to edit.
3. Select the edit icon in the top right-hand corner.
4. Make the changes you want.
5. Click Save invoice.