This article is for how to manage the patients in your practice. For information on how to view and search a patient record or Summary, see here.
Note: To create, edit, or delete a patient, you must have a role assigned to you that gives you editing permissions for Patients. For more information on roles, see here.
In this article:
Create a patient
You can create a patient at any time from the Patients page:
1. Click New.
2. Fill in the basic details of the patient, such as name and date of birth.
3. Enter the contact details of the patient.
Note: It is recommended that you add an email address for the patient as many other features (such as confirmations and reminders) rely on a patient having an email linked to their record.
4. (Optional) Fill in any additional information such as occupation or religion under the More details section.
5. (Optional) Click Add relationship to link an external contact or insurer to the patient.
7. (Optional) Fill in any billing and card details the patient has.
7. (Optional) Enter any additional ID numbers for the patient under the ID numbers section.
8. Click Save.
The new patient appears in the Patients page.
Edit a Patient
You can edit a patient's details at any time from the Patients page:
1. Select a patient.
2. Click the edit icon in the top right-hand corner.
3. Make the edits you want.
4. Click Save.
Delete a Patient
You can delete a patient from your practice at any time from the Patients page:
1. Select the patient you want to delete.
2. Click the more options icon in the top right-hand corner.
3. Select Delete.
4. Type the full name of the patient. Note: Make sure to include any capital letters, spaces, and special characters.
5. Click Delete to confirm.
The patient and all their documents are permanently deleted from Semble.