You can set up a membership scheme for your patients, which can be billed monthly or annually.
Note: To set up a membership scheme, you must have a role assigned to you that gives you editing permissions for Products. For more information on roles, see here.
In this article:
Create a Membership Scheme
You can create a membership scheme as a product at any time from the Products page:
1. Click New in the top left-hand corner.
2. Open the Type dropdown menu and select Membership.
3. Fill out the details of the membership scheme.
4. (Optional) Select a Healthcode code for the membership scheme. For more information on Healthcode, see here.
5. (Optional) Set up contract pricing for the membership scheme. For more information on contract pricing, see here.
6. Click Save at the top of the page.
The membership scheme appears in your Products page. The membership can now be added to patient invoices. For information on how to create invoices, see here.
Edit a Membership Scheme
You can edit an existing membership scheme at any time from the Products page:
1. Select the membership scheme that you want to edit.
2. Click the edit icon in the top right-hand corner.
3. Make the edits you want.
4. Click Save at the top of the page.
Now that you have created the membership as a product, you can assign this membership to a patient record and generate invoices automatically for that patient.
1. If you would like these members to be auto-invoiced then you can switch that on by going to "Settings" then "Invoice and payment" and check the "Auto invoice" tick box:
To make patients members, please select their patient record from the "Patients" page and click on the edit icon to enter into their file:
Scroll down until you see "Membership details", the tick box for "Membership active" will need to be checked:
Continue to fill in the appropriate details, and click "Save" once completed.
The invoice outlining the membership payment will be generated automatically in the patient file if you've selected auto-invoice as above in "Invoice settings". This will generate monthly or annually as you request, starting from the pre-set "Start date".
Please note that these invoices are generated but not automatically sent out. This will need to be manually sent to your patients or external contacts.
To view all your membership invoices, go to "Invoices" and click "Show only active" as circled below, and select 'Show memberships'.
This will bring up a list of all the invoices auto-generated for your members: