With Semble, your patients and practitioners can have online consultations from a browser. This article is for Managers and Admins on how to set up video consultations. For information on how to join and use video consultations, see here.
Note: To set up video consultations, you must have a role assigned to you that gives you editing permissions for Products, Users, Location settings, and Appointment reminders. For more information on roles, see here.
To set up video consultations, you must do the following:
Enable video consultations for a product
First, you need to create or edit a product to have video consultations enabled, from the Products page in Semble.
When you are either on the create product page or edit product page, go to the Booking options section, and tick Video consultation:
Remember to click Save in the top left-hand corner when you have finished creating or editing the product.
Link the product to a practitioner
When you have created or edited a product to have video consultations enabled, you must next link the product to a practitioner:
1. Go to Settings, then the Users tab.
2. Select the practitioner who you want to link the video consultation product to.
3. Under Services provided, enable the video consultation product by ticking its box.
4. Click Save in the top right-hand corner.
The video consultation product is now linked to that practitioner. You can link any number of practitioners to the product by following the same steps as above.
Link the product to a location
When you have created or edited a product to have video consultations enabled, and you have linked the product to a practitioner(s), you must then link the product to a location:
1. Go to Settings, then the Locations tab.
2. Select the location.
3. Click on the more options icon next to the room you want to link the video consultation to, then Edit.
4. Under Services provided, enable the video consultation product by ticking its box.
5. Click Save in the top right-hand corner.
The video consultation product is now linked to that room. You can link any number of rooms to the product by following the same steps as above.
Enable confirmations and reminders
If you have completed all the above steps, users will now be able to book a video consultation.
However it is recommended that you enable confirmation and reminder emails for video consultations, so that patients definitely receive the joining link before their appointment:
1. Go to Settings, then the SMS and email templates tab.
2. Select Video consultation confirmation email.
Note: This is a default confirmation template, and therefore some settings cannot be changed.
3. (Optional) Give the confirmation template a new name.
4. Fill in the Email content, by typing directly into the box and selecting the auto-tags on the left-hand side.
5. Make sure that you have inserted a Video link auto-field somewhere in your template:
This will automatically generate the joining link for the video consultation in the confirmation.
6. Click the Active toggle at the top of the page.
7. Click Save.
Now whenever you book a video consultation, the patient receives a confirmation email with all the information on how to join.
You can create your own SMS and email confirmations and reminders at any time, by going back to the SMS and email templates tab. For more information, see here.