This article is for clinicians and medical secretaries who want to learn how to get the best experience with the text editor. For information on how to create a letter, see here. For information on how to create a letter template, see here.
Note: If you want to create a letter or letter template, you must have a role assigned to you that gives you editing permissions for Patients, Contacts, Letters, and Letter templates. For more information on roles, see here.
In this article:
Improve letter headers with tables
You can improve the layout of letter headers by inserting a table at the top of the text editor.
Note: Tables are only available when creating a letter template.
1. Click the table icon in the text editor toolbar.
2. Insert a 3x1 table.
3. Enter the letter header information. Click on one of the three boxes to choose where the information is displayed.
4. Make sure the table is selected, so that the table menu appears, then click the Table properties icon.
5. Set the Border width to 0.
6. Click Save. This will hide the borders of the table.
6. Finish writing the letter template. Note: You may have to click on the right-hand side of the table, then press enter to create a new line.
7. Click Save in the top right-hand corner.
When you generate a letter using that template, the letter header will now appear like this:
Paste images directly into the text editor
You can copy and paste .png and .jpg images into the text editor at any time.
1. Open the image with an image viewing program such as 'Photos'.
2. Right click on the image.
3. Select Copy from the pop-out menu.
4. Go back to the Semble text editor.
5. Right click in the text editor, then select Paste.
1. Right click on the image in your device's files or desktop.
2. Select Copy from the pop-out menu.
3. Go back to the Semble text editor.
4. Right click in the text editor, then select Paste.
When you insert an image into the text editor, you can change its size and position:
1. Click on the image in the text editor that you want to resize.
2. Click and drag on one of the corners of the box, until it is the size you want.
3. (Optional) Change the position of the image by clicking it again, then selecting one of the paragraph position icons.
You can use two different line spaces to create gaps in your text.
Press Enter on your keyboard for a paragraph break:
Or press Shift + Enter for a new line:
Format automatic tags
You can not change the text style of an automatic tag when it has been inserted into the text editor. You must first choose a text style, and then you can insert the automatic tag:
1. Choose your text style using the dropdown menu in the top toolbar.
2. Insert the automatic tag that you want.
It will appear in the set text style.
Format Pre-Written Text
If you want to format words that have been written in a different application (such as Microsoft Word), it is recommended that you copy and paste the words as plain text into the Semble text editor, and then edit it using the text editor:
1. Copy the plain text to your device's clipboard, by highlighting the text, then using the following keyboard command:
Windows: ctrl + C
macOS: cmd + C
2. Paste the text into Semble by clicking into the text editor, then using the following keyboard command:
Windows: ctrl + alt + V
macOS: cmd + shift + V
3. Highlight the pasted text using your cursor.
4. Use the controls on the top toolbar to format the words.
5. Click Save at the top of the screen when you have finished editing or writing your letter.