You can share a lab test result with an external contact who is linked with the patient.
Note: To share lab results with a contact, you must have a role assigned to you that gives you editing permissions for Labs and Patients. For more information on roles, see here.
In this article:
Email a Lab Result to a Contact
You can email a lab result by inserting it into a letter, and then sharing the letter with the contact:
1. Start creating a letter for the patient that the lab test was issued for, as you normally would. For information on how to do this, see here.
2. Use the Labs auto-field to insert the lab test result.
3. Finish writing the letter.
4. Click the share button at the top of the letter:
5. Select Contact, then use the dropdown menu to select the contact that you want to share the results with.
6. Click Share.
The letter is sent to the contact as an email.
Depending on the level of security that your practice has set for sharing, the contact may need to pass two-factor authentication (2FA) to view the lab result. For more information on setting up secure sharing, see here.
Print a Lab Result for a Contact
Another way to send patient lab results to an external contact, is to download the results, and then send them through an external service such as Gmail.
Note: Sharing a lab test result in this way may not be as secure as sending them through Semble. Make sure that the external service abides by your practice's security protocols.
You can download a lab result at any time from the Patients page:
1. Select the patient who you want to download the results for.
2. Go to the Labs tab.
3. Select the lab test results that you want to download.
4. Click the print icon.
A PDF of the results open in a new tab in your browser.
5. Download or print the results as you normally would:
6. Send the results through the external system that you want.