You can add a patient's passport information to their Summary page by creating 'Passport Number' as a custom patient ID category. For information on how to create other ID number categories, see here.
Note: To configure passport information for patients, you must have a role assigned to you that gives you editing permissions for Patient settings, and Patients. For more information on roles, see here.
In this article:
Set Up Passport Numbers
You can set up passport numbers as an ID number category at any time from the Settings page:
1. Go to the Patient settings tab.
2. Click Add number.
3. Type 'Passport Number' into the name box, and select Custom from the dropdown menu.
4. Click the tick icon to confirm.
5. (Optional) Choose whether you want the passport number to be the primary patient ID category for your practice, by clicking the more options icon and clicking Make primary.
The 'Passport Number' category appears in your Patient settings page. You can now add a patient's passport number to their record.
Add a Patient's Passport Number
When you have set up 'Passport Number' as an ID category, you can add a passport number for a patient, from the Patients page:
1. Select the patient who you want to add a passport number for.
2. Click the edit icon in the top right-hand corner of the page.
3. Scroll down to the ID numbers section.
4. Enter the patient's passport number.
5. Click Save at the top of the page.
The passport number will appear will under the expanded details section on the patient's Summary page:
The passport number is under the Patient IDs section:
Note: If you set 'Passport Number' as your Primary ID number category, then the patient's passport number will instead appear beneath their name in the Summary page.