You can add an external insurer to a patient's record, then bill the insurer for the patient's invoice.
Note: To add an insurer to a patient's record, and bill them for invoices, you must have a role assigned to you that gives you editing permissions for Contacts, Patients, and Invoices. For more information on roles, see here.
In this article:
Link an Insurer to a Patient
You can link an insurer to a patient at any time from the Patients page.
Note: Before you attempt to link an insurer to a patient, you must first make sure that they have been added as an external contact in Semble. For information on how to do this, see here.
1. Select the patient who you want to link an insurer with.
2. Click the edit icon in the top right-hand corner.
3. Scroll down to the Relationships and emergency contacts section.
4. Click Add relationship.
5. Open the Relationship type dropdown, and select Insurance provider.
6. Open the Patient or contact name dropdown, and select the insurance provider who you want to link the patient to.
7. (Optional) Enter the Policy number and Authorisation code of the patient.
8. Click Add relationship. The insurer appears in the Relationships and emergency contacts section.
9. Click Save at the top of the page.
The insurer is linked to the patient. You can now bill the insurer for the patient's invoices.
Bill an Insurer for an Invoice
When you have linked an insurer to a patient, you can bill them for the patient's invoices.
1. Start creating an invoice as you normally would. For information on how to do this, see here.
2. Go to the Billing section of the invoice, and select the insurer who you want to bill from the To dropdown.
3. Finish filling out the invoice as you normally would.
4. Click Save invoice.
The invoice is created, with the selected insurer listed as the payer: