When this feature is enabled, you can add a future appointment to an invoice as a line item, directly from the Appointments calendar.
Note: To set this functionality up and book future appointments from an invoice, you must have a role assigned to you that gives you editing permissions for Invoices, Invoice settings, and Bookings. For more information on roles, see here.
In this article:
Enable Future Appointment Invoicing
You can enable this feature at any time from the Settings page:
1. Go to the Invoice and payment tab.
2. Go to the Invoice section.
3. Tick the Invoice future bookings box.
The feature is enabled for your practice, and you can now invoice future bookings.
Invoice a Future Booking
When you have enabled this feature for your practice, you can add an appointment as a line item to a patient's invoice, from the Appointments calendar:
1. Select the appointment that you want to add to an invoice.
2. Click Create invoice in the appointment window.
You are redirected to the patient's latest unsent invoice, where the appointment has been added as a line item:
3. Click the tick icon to confirm the line item.
4. Click Save invoice.
The invoice is added to the patient's record. For information on how to record the payment of this invoice, see here.