This article is about how to identify which patient has cancelled their booking from an online cancellation link. For more information on how to insert a cancellation link into an appointment confirmation or reminder, see here.
Note: To see who has cancelled their booking, you must have a role assigned to you that gives you access to the Patients page. For more information on roles, see here.
In this article:
Set Up Cancellation Email Destination
Before you find out which patient cancelled their appointment, you must first check where your practice's automated cancellation emails are sent to, from the Settings page.
Note: To check or set this up, you must have a role assigned to you that gives you editing permissions for General Settings. For more information on roles, see here.
1. Go to the General tab.
2. Scroll down to the Incoming email section.
3. Enter an email into the Online booking email alert box.
4. Click Save at the top of the page.
Cancellation notification emails will now be sent to that email address. When a patient cancels their appointment, you can now identify who it was.
See which Patient Cancelled their Appointment
When you know where your practice's automated cancellation emails are sent to, you can find out which patient cancelled their appointment, by looking at the patient ID in the cancellation email:
1. Open the cancellation notification email.
2. Note down the Patient ID.
3. Go to the Patients page in Semble.
4. Select any patient.
5. Replace the patient ID in the URL of the page with the patient ID that you noted down from the cancellation email:
Make sure you insert the copied patient ID after the patient/ part of the URL, and before the /summary part of the URL:
6. Go to the new URL. You are redirected to the patient's Summary page.
7. (Optional) Scroll down to the Appointments section to see which specific appointment the patient cancelled: