This article is for clinicians and medical secretaries who want to find out how to share or embed an existing patient questionnaire. For information on how to create, edit, and delete questionnaires for your practice, see here.
Note: To embed a questionnaire into a confirmation email or other channel, you must have a role assigned to you that gives you editing permissions for SMS and email templates. For more information on roles, see here.
In this article:
Share a patient questionnaire
You can share the URL of a patient questionnaire with anyone:
1. Go to Settings, then the Questionnaires tab.
2. Click the more options icon next to the questionnaire that you want to share.
3. Select View.
The questionnaire opens in a new tab in your browser.
4. Copy the URL of the questionnaire.
5. Paste the URL into the email, message, or channel you want.
Embed a patient questionnaire into an email
To embed a patient questionnaire into a confirmation or reminder email as a clickable link:
1. Copy the URL of the patient questionnaire that you want to embed. For information on how to do this, see above.
2. Go to Settings, then to the SMS and email templates tab.
3. Select the confirmation or reminder email template that you want to embed the questionnaire into.
4. Scroll down to the Content section and type the text that you want to introduce the patient questionnaire with. Click the "Hyperlink" button as circled and the placeholder in the "Email message content" will appear:
Kindly paste your quesionnaire link where it says "replacewithlink.com" and free type the text you want your patient to see in the section where it says "YourLinkTextHere", it should look similar to the example below:
Using the example above, this is what your patient will see in the email they receive. They will see the words "test click" which they will click and that will lead them to the questionnaire you inserted above:
It is very important not to remove any of the brackets or other characters used and only replace exactly as specified above.