You can set any prescription or medication to be repeatable. Semble gives you an automated review date for any repeat medications that you insert into a consultation note.
Note: To set up repeat prescriptions, you must have a role assigned to you that gives you editing permissions for Patients and Lab settings. For more information on roles, see here.
In this article:
This is available to all practices, and there are currently no requirements to use this feature.
Pharmacy Integration Information
If you want to send a repeat prescription to one of Semble's integrated pharmacies, you must take note of certain limitations and behaviours before you attempt to do so.
Accepts repeat prescriptions. Pharmacierge takes care of the dispensing and contacting of the patient.
Note: For repeat prescriptions, patients must pick up their first prescription within 30 days of the repeat prescription being issued.
Accepts repeat prescriptions but has the following limitations:
Will only accept repeat prescriptions that contain official CloudRx products
Can not process having multiple repeat medications in the same prescription, that have different repeat durations. You must either send two separate prescriptions, or set the durations of the repeat medications to be the same
Here is an example of a repeat prescription that would be accepted by CloudRx:
Do not currently accept repeat prescriptions.
Prescribe a Repeat Medication
If you have read through the integration information, you can prescribe a repeat medication at any time from the Patients page, by adding a 'Medication' section to a consultation note:
1. Start creating a consultation note for a patient as you normally would. For more information on how to do this, see here.
2. Add a prescription to the consultation note by clicking the 'Medication' tag at the bottom.
3. Fill out the details of the prescription, then tick the This is a repeat prescription box.
4. Fill out the repeat prescription details:
Number of repeats allowed: Type a whole number
Duration: This number determines how long each medication lasts for
Frequency: Select whether you want the 'Duration' to be in days or months
The Review date automatically updates depending on the details you have set.
5. Finish writing the consultation note as you normally would.
6. Go to the Prescriptions tab on the patient's record.
7. Click New.
8. Select the repeat prescription that you created in the consultation note.
9. Select the clinician and location that is issuing the prescription.
10. Click Save.
The prescription appears in the patient's record. You can now send the prescription to an external pharmacy.
Send a Repeat Prescription to a Pharmacy
When you have prescribed a repeat prescription to a patient, you can then send it to an external pharmacy from the Patients page:
1. Select the patient whose prescription you want to send.
2. Go to the Prescriptions tab.
3. Select the repeat prescription that you want to send to the pharmacy.
4. Click the pharmacy integration icon at the top of the prescription.
5. Select the pharmacy that you want to send the prescription to. Note: See the above information for details on which pharmacy integrations accept repeat prescriptions.
6. (Optional) Type any comments you have for the pharmacy.
7. Click Send.
The repeat prescription is sent to the pharmacy, and will be added to the patient's Logs in their record.